Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Yummy Snack (Or Breakfast)

Amanda requested Apple Zucchini Bread for snack today so this morning I made five loaves of it ( a double batch). It’s a popular bread here and never stays around very long. I am hoping to put two loaves in the freezer for later, but . . . we’ll see.

By request I am posting the recipe. Hope you enjoy it

Apple Zucchini Bread

4 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking soda

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon salt

5 eggs

1-1/2 cups vegetable oil

2 cups sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini

1 cup shredded peeled apples

1-1/2 cups chopped pecans ( my kids don’t like pecans so I don’t use them, but I’m sure they would be delicious)

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In another bowl beat eggs. Add oil, sugars, and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8-in. x 4 in. x 3 in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment