Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Cooking and Learning Together

Today has been the coldest day so far this season. We woke up this morning to temperatures at 19 degrees. I know other areas were much colder but this was cold enough for me. It reminded me how glad I am that my work comes to me every day and I don't have to go out into the cold.

Austin and Amanda are still on their cooking spree and I'm loving it. They choose different things to cook then I would and it adds variety to our meals. It's to easy for me to fall into the pattern of cooking the same things over and over.

Austin chose to make a ham and potato casserole. This was a recipe that I normally would not have chosen because I'm not a fan of sour cream. But this particular recipe was really good. I had him do as much on his own as he possibly could, only stepping in when he started to get too overwhelmed. He did a great job and there were no leftovers.



Amanda has quite a sweet tooth and decided to make Saucepan Fudgies. They're really a very chocolaty cookie. And they were delicious. And they completely disappeared in next to no time.


Michael has had a bit of a rough day and spent a good bit of time in his room for misbehavior - throwing things, pushing other kids, etc. I'm not sure why he was so out of sorts today but I'm hoping a good night of sleep will "reset" his mood. He did enjoy stealing cookie dough from the cookie sheets before Amanda could get them in the oven. He can be really fast when he wants to be.

This evening Austin and Amanda went to practice for the Christmas play they are going to have part in. Austin is playing the part of the innkeeper and Amanda is an angel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yummers! I love food I don't have to cook myself. I love it even better if I don't have to clean up after the meal.

    ((Michael)) hope he has a better day today!

    ReplyDelete