Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

No Heat

Living in a one hundred year old house with all it's little cracks and crevices and little air leaks I've been known to complain about how cold it is in here. And with it's ancient heating system that heats one side of the house much better than the other I've been known to complain about how hard it is to keep everyone happy with the temperature. But I've been reminded this weekend how good I really have it.

During this cold snap ( wind chills as low as -10) there are people not far from me who have no heat at all. We have a teenager staying with us this weekend who needed a warm place to stay because her family had no heat in the house. I don't know the whole story, the why and the how, but it doesn't really matter.

What really matters is that I remember how blessed I really am and how often it's easy for me to forget that there are those close to me who are not as fortunate and need a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment