Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I had an interview today with a mother about providing childcare for her two year old daughter. The interview went well and the plan is for her to start attending the week of May 17. I'm excited about adding another child to our group. Since her mother works in retail her schedule will vary quiet a bit but we have a lot of parents here who work those types of schedules so we are used to that. Currently most of our kids are in the 20 month to 3 year old range,along  with some before and after school kids. Later this week I'm supposed to find out for sure if we're going to start providing care for a sibling group ages 2 months, 2 years, and 3 years. If that happens we will be bringing back my helper full time which I would absolutely love. I had thought a few months ago that we were going to be able to bring her back and then things fell through and the child I was sure was coming didn't come after all. So I hope I'm not getting excited for nothing again. I guess we'll see. Even if the three don't come, though, we will definitely be needing her back for the summer as there will be three full time school age children added to the mix.

*

I'm really missing Austin and Amanda this week while they are on vacation with family. But I know they are having a wonderful time and I"m glad they get this opportunity. Michael is starting to ask about them. He's handling it better this time though than he did when they were gone for a week in October. He had a really hard time with them being gone that week and it was hard for all of us too. I guess he's growing up a little and I can tell him they will be back understands.

*

Michael's adoption worker called today and to tell me that Michael's birth mother has requested some recent photographs of Michael. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I completely understand that she would want to know how he's doing and be able to see pictures of him. On the other hand I feel uncomfortable giving up the feeling of anonymity that I have when I feel she doesn't really know what he looks like now. I did say I would send a few pictures though. I will send them to the adoption worker and she will send them on for me.

*

I made a decision today that I am going to have to start going to bed earlier. Now I have just have to follow through on that decision. I like the quiet after everyone else settles down but sleep deprivation is really starting to get to me so I guess it's time to give up and start getting some more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment