Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Childcare Photo Journal - Riverfest Wildlife Shows 2010 Saturday April 24, 2010

We took the kids to a wildlife show this morning and really enjoyed it. I almost backed out of going because it was rainy, I hadn't had much sleep last night and some schedules had changed and I wasn't sure how to coordinate everything. But in the end Doug and and our friend, Carla, who suggested this outing in the first place convinced me to go along. I'm so glad I did. Although it stayed cloudy and cool the rain stopped for the two hours or so that we were there and we were able to get the schedules worked out. One parent met us there to drop off two kids which worked out fine.

Because of the lighting, or lack of it, my pictures are not the greatest but I guess fuzzy pictures are better than none.

The first presentation was given by The Wildlife Center of Virginia

 We met Edie, the American Kestrel.




An opossum, whose name I cannot remember.



And Buzz, a Great Horned Owl.




While waiting for the second show to begin I snapped a few photos of some of our little group. Doug, Michael, Arielle and Carla.

Austin, Hunter and Sierra.


The second presentation was done by Reptile World and they did an awesome job. I loved the way the information about the animals and was presented in an easy to understand, fun and engaging manner.  It was easy to sense a true love for the animals as well as for the children. 




 




Liam was so fascinated!



























 

Cobra!



Snake egg














No comments:

Post a Comment