Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bits and Pieces From Our Day

Austin, Amanda and I are enjoying reading the "Anne of Green Gables" series by L. M. Montgomery. Each afternoon after the little ones are down for their naps I read aloud to them for 30 - 45 minutes. Today we finished the 5th book in the series.


There are eight books in this series and we are going to be sorry when we get to the end of them. Following Anne through her childhood and now as a wife and mother has been a very interesting, fun and thought provoking journey for us.

Since there were so many very little children ( two thirteen month olds and a ten month old) here today I didn't take the older preschoolers outside in the morning like I usually do. In fact, we didn't get outside until around 7:30 this evening, which is very unusual for us. In fact, we are outside now, I'm watching them as I type this.

Austin and Amanda did go bike riding on the trails around the fields behind us though. In fact they went several times today. The weather has been just perfect for those kinds of adventures, not too hot, not too cold, and clear skies. Lovely.

This evening there was a car accident across the road from us. Hubby is an EMT with the local rescue squad so of course he went over right away. Micheal stood at the window and watched all the lights, totally fascinated.


This picture isn't very clear but I couldn't get any closer without seeming rude. There were no serious injuries although the vehicles involved sustained quite a bit of damage.

My last two daycare kids for the evening don't leave until late. One at 10PM and one at 2:15AM. And the first one comes in tomorrow morning at 5:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment