Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Sinkhole Syndrome

Ok, I said my goal was to write about one chapter a day. It is now four days later and I'm just now writing about the second chapter. I'm thinking I need some order somewhere.

Scientists say sinkholes are caused when they underlying support of underground streams dries up, causing the surface to collapse.

In the same way each of us has within us and inner space, a private world, that must be maintained if we are to stay strong under the pressure of life.

In many ways it seems easier to deal with our public, or outer world. Our education, our work, our homes, our play all these things are relatively easy to maintain in such a way as to look as if all is well. At least for a time. Until the pressure becomes too great. Then, if our private worlds have not been attended too, the collapse begins and a sinkhole forms, beginning to pull all the trappings of the outer world down into it.

But when our private, inner world is being regularly attended too, their is a support beneath the surface of our lives that bears the weight of the outer, public world, giving firm ground on which to build.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn’t refrain fгom commenting. Well wгitten!


    Also viѕit my sitе ... low back pain treatment with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hеllο, I log on to уour blog like еνerу weeκ.
    Your writing style іs witty, keeρ up thе good ωогκ!


    my web blog - ωhаt іs going grееn [http://nexus.thewebstore1.com]

    ReplyDelete