Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

And the New Week Begins

Michael had a very restless night last night. Since he and Amanda are sharing a room while we work on painting and redecorating Michael's old room for Amanda, that meant he kept Amanda up a good bit of the night. I'm sorry to say I didn't realize he was restless until Amanda knocked on my door this morning around 7:00. She had tears in her eyes and asked me to please come get Michael so she could sleep. Which I did immediately. He was a little out of sorts and complained of his left ear hurting so I gave him some Tylenol. He seemed to feel better after that took effect and he wanted to go to church with Austin and Doug so I let him. I stayed home with Amanda and let her get some more sleep. He seems better this evening so I'm hoping he's not starting with an ear infection. I gave him Motrin before he went to bed and he went to sleep quickly.

I seem to have started round three of this awful cold that I've been fighting for the last six weeks. Once before I thought I was on my way to being over it when it came back again full force. So now I'm sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose constantly and aching all over. Not a great way to start the week.

And it's going to be a busy week. I will be giving lessons to an extra child this week. We did this one day last week and it worked out well, but . . . each day is different with him. So we'll see how this goes. I don't know yet if this will be a long term arrangement, time will tell.

Also this week one of our special needs will be coming back to us on a part time basis. I'm hoping and praying all goes well, past experience tells me it could get really rough. Here again, time will tell.

Sometime this week we should be hearing back from Austin's pediatrician's office about his EEG and pediatric neurologist referrals. I had to call the office and remind them we were still waiting for those referrals. Of course, no one knows why they haven't been done yet, but I've been promised it will be taken care of immediately. That was Thursday, so we'll see.

One last note - the kids are watching Man v. Food on the Travel Channel. It's making me hungry!

2 comments:

  1. If you want to read a blog from an autistic person, please check out, "Say it Out Loud: Living with Autism & Surviving to write about it by Jared Alexander. I don't write many blogs because of the lack of news from my computer desk. This blog is done by an autistic man from Iowa. Try it out.

    Jared Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand about Pooh bear, I too bounce from Tigger to Pooh and Kanga all in the same day.

    Hugs for your night,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete