Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On My Mind - Tuesday March 30, 2010

A lot of things are on my mind right now. Some important, some rather trivial, most of them in between. Here are a few of them.

          ~               ~               ~               ~               ~                ~               

Tomorrow we go for Austin's follow up CT scan and visit with the neurosurgeon. While I feel that the bleeding is still stopped I also still feel a certain sense of unease about this visit. Maybe it's family history, there seem to be a lot of unpleasant health surprises in my extended family, or maybe it's just the natural concern of a mother, but I'll be glad when this appointment is over and we get the all clear. Austin has been nervous about the appointment as well today, having a hard time concentrating on his assignments and losing himself in movies during his free time.

         ~               ~               ~               ~               ~               ~              

 I have lots of exciting new ideas for this blog and can hardly wait too get the time to implement them. Because my family and the children I care for need me during the day my writing and "blog" time has to be in the evenings after everyone else goes to bed. This week I've been drinking 5 hour energy drinks to keep myself going at night so I have "me time"  and "blog time."While I'm not sure that's such a great solution it's the best I can do right now. I did discover that drinking two of them in one day is really not a good option for me, even though the instructions say it's okay to do so.I guess that was my lesson for today.


     ~               ~               ~               ~              

We got a wonderful taste of warm spring weather last week. The children got to go outside and play, the windows were open, Doug even grilled chicken one evening and we ate outside on our front porch. Now it's windy, damp and chilly again and I'm tired of having cold feet. I want Spring back!

         ~                 ~                ~               ~               ~                 ~                       


And now I think it's time for me to go to bed before I fall asleep sitting here in this chair. I guess my 5 hours of energy is just about used up.

3 comments:

  1. I said a special prayer for Austin's follow up CT scan.

    Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned for your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been browsing your site and was wondering if there is a certain spot you update the most. I would love to follow you. I hear you on the energy drinks to keep going. My vice is coffee and lots of it! Lol

    Are you a Mennonite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was raised Mennonite. I no longer consider myself a Mennonite but I do still believe some of the same things. My husband and I attend a Brethren church.

    ReplyDelete