Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Homeschool Log Wednesday March 3, 2010

Austin
Austin read another chapter of Pinocchio this morning. He was planning to read two chapters today and finish the book, but one of his friends was here today and they were in a hurry to go outside and play in the snow so he only read one.

He also added another design post to his art blog.

This afternoon we finished reading the article Admiral of the Ends of the Earth by Melville Bell Grosvenor and began the article Flight to Adventure by Tay and Lowell Thomas, Jr. Both articles are from The National Geographic Magazine.

His friend Tristan (12) was here a lot today and they spent a lot of time on the computer as well as outside.

Austin found one of Doug's old Weird Al cassette tapes and has nearly driven the rest of us insane with it. He has a small cassette player that he bought at a yard sale two summers ago and it is being used a lot right now. I finally had to ask him this afternoon to please give it a rest for awhile. If I hear "I think I'm a Clone Now" or "Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White" or "This Song is Just Six Words Long" one more time today I'm going to . . . I'm going to . . .I don't know what I'm going to do. My brain has gone numb.

Amanda
Amanda read a chapter from The Cross and the Switchblade.

She posted a description on her blog of the fun they are having in the snow. She took a couple pictures to show what they are doing.

We played UNO for about 30 minutes this afternoon. She has developed a fascination for this game. It's fine with me, I love playing card games and before she would rarely play with me, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Her friend Holly (11) was here for a little this afternoon and Amanda also talked on the phone to her friend Sierra (9) for awhile this evening.

Austin and Amanda
We read another chapter from The Shack this afternoon and also Joel 3, 2 Kings 12, and @ Chronicles 24.

Chores, taking care of their pets and helping with the younger kids rounded out their day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great homeschool day!

    My kids recently discovered Weird Al too lol. They ask for it every day :)

    Nice to meet another homeschooling blogger from The Valley!

    ReplyDelete