Life is made up of many pieces, like a puzzle. Here I attempt to put them all together.

Monday, August 2, 2010

My One Big Goal For August 2010




I was going to post a whole list of goals for this month. There are so many things I want to accomplish before school starts and new routines and schedules begin.

But in the end I decided to stick with one simple goal. Get up every morning from August 2 - August 21 at 4AM (August 22-28 is our vacation). I often get up at that time. Sometimes it's closer to 5, sometimes if it's been a night with lots of interruptions from the kids it's later than that. But in order to truly stay ahead of things it needs to be every single morning.

 EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING!

Because if I accomplish this goal the rest will fall in line.

And I got a wonderful idea from this post from Inspired to Action that I decided to try. All ten ideas in this article are good but number 7 seemed like a really great one to motivate me. So last night before I went to bed I put an alarm clock right outside Michael's bedroom door set for 4:05AM. And I have to say there's nothing like the fear of having the three year old wake up at 4 in the morning to make me get myself out of bed when my alarm went off at 4.

Day 1 = Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment